Aboutgift-soulseek is a gift plugin for SoulSeek.
This project was abandoned about a year ago for the following reasons:
The plugin was almost in a usable state - searches and uploads were almost done and downloads could have been finished in a couple of weeks.
However, some necessary features would have required fundamental changes to the gift-framework (chat, buddy-lists and gift-side queueing for example). It would be possible to use gift-slsk without these features but I didn't feel like pissing off the SoulSeek community (and Nir for that matter). And I wouldn't want to use SoulSeek without those features anyway - it's a community-based trading-network.
Another issue were the highly SoulSeek specific features like userinfos and interests - they don't belong into gift-space since every frontend would have to support them with just one plugin actually using them. A possible solution would be direct communication between frontend and plugins (however some might argue that this violates the abstraction principle of gift).
Maybe a standalone-client would be a better idea than gift-slsk. I don't know.
If you wanna take over gift-slsk development or need help for writing a standalone-client you can contact me via email.
SourceThere's no release tarball yet, get the source from CVS instead:
cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/gift-soulseek login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/gift-soulseek co giFT-SoulSeek
- The official Win32 client. (proprietary)
- A wxWindows SoulSeek client written in Python. (GPL, discontinued)
- A GTK2 Soulseek client which started out as a PySlSk fork. (GPL)
- A MacOS X SoulSeek client using Cocoa. (Public Domain (?))
- SoulSeek Protocol Documentation
- Unofficial protocol documentation, reverse engineered by the SoleSeek project (partly wrong / outdated)